CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Black Pond 7/12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RD54

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Black Pond 7/12 Reply with quote

A ton of people out there enjoying the water. At one point I think I counted 12 Kayaks a five person inflatable raft/boat thing and a few canoes.

Caught some tiny large mouths near the pads next to the ramp. Caught them on a drop shot with a shad colored 4" worm and a silver senko. Moved along the pond and my kids caught two one pounders on a green and silver senko. Tried the frog near the pads on the west side of the main area and had one missed explosion. Bass were aggressively chasing dragonflies on the surface of the water.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that you didn't get more hits on the topwater frog. The largemouth bass seem to be hitting them pretty well in the middle of the state. I guess that it would be easier to fish a frog without small children in the boat though. Wink

If you can, you should go through the shallow channel on the southwest side of the pond. The shallows back there hold some frog-loving fish. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shallow channel is the key I guess. I went back there last time I was fishing and other than the wind blowing me in 360's it was a good spot. Just had to keep moving in that channel and get back to the thorpe avenue side of the pond. It really does seem like the bite is picking back up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: