CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Black Pond Kicked Butt in new Yak
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basstrapper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Black Pond Kicked Butt in new Yak Reply with quote

Man so yesterday was my first time out on my new yak, and had a awsome day, No wind, Clear water conditions, and clear blue skies. Tied up a Master Caster and within the first three casts. caught my first brown. which was then followed by many more browns all fair in size. Before the end of the day i hooked up a nice pickerel to. Great day. Nothing like exploring the backsides of lakes that you never able to touch before. having a yak has opened a whole new world for me.

Im in love. Smile
Fishface

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job BT
Basstrapper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: thanks man Reply with quote

hay Nice yak. Smile same one i got. So much fun. Although i do need to look into a more comfy seat. 5 hours in it yesterday and when i got out i couldnt feel my legs lol. but so worth it.
Fishface

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less painful if you are catching though. I ordered a new seat. and if it evers clears customs, I will let you know how it is and will give you info.

Tim
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone down to yak the farmington im in.... or closer quinnipiac river for trout.... can hit alot of holes and spots really fast and get to know spts you didnt know where there...
Basstrapper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: quinipiac Reply with quote

where on the quinipiac can you put in kayak? i know the dam in center of wallingford, with the park above it. but not sure where the best place is for kayaking that river. Tidal river. with multiple dams on it i think. im interested. cause i work 5 min from it in north haven. id go after work during the week.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so nice to be out there on calm summer nights too...you just wait.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Basstrapper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Another night at black pond Reply with quote

last night was a awsome night of fishing, meet up with Long, from the forums, he had just gotten a kayak, and it was his second time out on it as well as my second time out. The lake was completely engulfed in fog. trout where breaking surface all around us. we fished a little but had much more fun exploring the high grasses in the back of the lake. I caught one pickerel. long got to see his first pickrel up close. was a great time. some other cool boaters out there as well. we basicaly went around the lake and had some good conversations with some awsome fisherman. Good times. water was like glass all night. and witth the fog, it was just an awsome kayak trip for sure.

now if gas prices werent so high, id be driving out for another kayak trip today. but i have to time it right. works to far away. gas is a killer.... lol..

if anyone goes out today. have a great one. Weather is awsome right now. Good Luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: