CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Black Pond: Trout?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfinder1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Black Pond: Trout? Reply with quote

So yesterday was nice and I decided that even though bass fishing has slowed I'd hit up black pond in meriden. I had on a 5 inch lunker city sluggo minnow and was fishing from shore. As I made my way around I found a spot where it seemed to drop off so I started fishing. As I was reeling in the sluggo I notice a huge fish charging st it from the side. Imedietly I thought it was a sucker fish based on size alone. I know there's big bass in there but I could tell it wasn't a bass. Shockingly two more monsters followed from behind it. These fish came within a foot or less of me and sat there. I suddenly realized these fish were either monster trout or salmon. Mostly a bass fisherman I admitedly don't know too much about trout but these monsters had a reddish belly and a hooked front nose. Any idea what kind oftrout these could have been? Could it possibly have been salmon ? I had no idea black pond had trout llike that in there. These where all def. Well over 5 lbs each. Any way never landed one but they kept playing cat and mouse with my minnow. Thanks
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could most definitely be a few of the 25 seeforellen trout the state stocked into the pond a few weeks ago. They averaged 12 pounds with some as big as 19.
fishfinder1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had no idea they stocked trout that big in there. I was shaking as I tried to hook one. No luck. I guess I'll have to make a trip back
avidangler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess Seeforellen brown trout as well that IS one of thee places the state put them.Up in the NW corner...Tyler,Mohawk and Westhill got some of them as well.
Nice to hear you were able to get the attention of some of them.Hope you go back and bag one of those MONSTERS!!! Very Happy

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
FishOn860

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be a seeforellen trout too, were you on a boat or fishing from the shore?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Black Pond trout Reply with quote

I just joined up and found your post about Black Pond. Just to let you know the state put's some of their breeder's in. 2 year's ago I saw a guy showing off a 7lb trout. I've got 2 buddies that will back me up on this. He got it where the parking area is. Great ice fishing spot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: