CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Black Pond - Woodstock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SWfish

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Black Pond - Woodstock Reply with quote

Took a drive out to Black Pond in Woodstock. Fished from 10:30 to 2:00. Caught 7 bass...that was the good news...unfortunately not one went over 9 in. All were in the 6-9 in. range. I threw cranks, spinnerbaits, senkos and even tried the swim jig. I caught them all on the senkos. It's a nice looking pond with weeds and some pads along the shoreline...but, don't know where the larger fish were. I've never caught that many fish and not had at least one go above keeper size. The bluegill were on their beds, and I heard they generally spawn right after the bass, so I was thinking maybe the larger bass were recuperating in the deeper waters? I guess it was good that I caught anything for my first time on the pond, but it's sad when you hook a fish and start thinking it's a big one and it's 3 inches short of 12.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: