CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Buy, Sell and Trade – Classifieds
Viewing Topic: Bliz Slammers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogfishhead

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Bliz Slammers Reply with quote

Looking for anyone out there that has the "Bliz Slammer" lure and would like to sell or trade with me for them. Made a cast last night and it hit a rock and pretty much destroyed the lure.

They do not make this plug anymore and anyone who doesn't use them I'll buy them up!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just wondering about where you use it. I have one that i am not selling (Sorry) but are you fishing the river with them? shallow fast spots? I have found that online some people really like them for the river fishing but have never fished mine much yet. Any info would help
thanks
dogfishhead

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These lures work only when there's enough water pushing against the lip so that it will flutter in the water. They work best in a current and if the water isn't flowing fast enough you have to reel faster to make the water push against it. If the conditions are right this plug is a real killer.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the info. If I ever come across more I'll let you know. It was invented in CT right? I bet someone has a basement full somewhere in Hartland or something! So it does not dig deep enough to snag in those situations?
dogfishhead

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Al Gags lure company originally made them and then the production moved on to the Bliz company.

The most these plugs will dig is about 3 feet and thats when its in a good current.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a bunch of the gag's ones cheap. Some of them didn't swim great some swam awesome. Gonna mod the iffy ones and see what happens...

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crest Daddy wrote:
I just picked up a bunch of the gag's ones cheap. Some of them didn't swim great some swam awesome. Gonna mod the iffy ones and see what happens...

Nice... One of the problems I had with them was where the two halves meet on the lip, sometimes there would be the tiniest crack there and the plug would fill up with water and sink like a rock. Got any of those Gag's for sale?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might try contacting Al Gag directly. Great guy and really hands on. Loves to talk fishing with customers. Look him up online or LMK, cause I've got a card around somewhere. Who knows, you may inspire the next product!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Pauleye

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Bliz/Gags Slammers Reply with quote

I have a few and I'll part with them. Check your PM.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfishhead wrote:
Crest Daddy wrote:

Nice... One of the problems I had with them was where the two halves meet on the lip, sometimes there would be the tiniest crack there and the plug would fill up with water and sink like a rock. Got any of those Gag's for sale?

Did you try epoxy on them?
I am going to try and load one of them to see what it does.
Not selling any at this time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Buy, Sell and Trade – Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: