CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Boatless CTFishTalkers - FREE BOAT - GONE 06/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Boatless CTFishTalkers - FREE BOAT - GONE 06/21 Reply with quote

* * * * GONE 06/21 * * * *

If you'd like to try fishing from a boat instead of just the shore, I have a Coleman Fastback inflatable kayak that I don't use anymore. I used it frequently for a year before it sprang a leak in the valve of the bottom air bladder (there are three air bladders). I patched it for a couple of uses with some kind of rubber cement, but the leak is in the valve where it folds into itself and the patch didn't hold. With the right adhesive, you could probably patch it better. Even with the leak, you just sink into the boat a little and it handles even worse than it does with the bottom air bladder fully inflated (kinda like you're paddling through thick pudding instead of thin pudding). It's just taking up space in my garage right now. My kids don't fish, so if you'd like to have the 'yak you'd be welcome to it.

I also have a Coleman pump that you plug into a car's 12v DC socket to inflate and deflate it. It's pretty cool. It blows up the air bladders, but also sucks the air right out of them when it's time to go. You'd just need to get a PFD (i.e., personal floatation device or life preserver) and a paddle.

PM me if you're interested. Only CTFishTalkers without access to a boat, please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: