CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Bolton 7/5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Bolton 7/5 Reply with quote

I had never been before so I decided to take a ride over to Bolton yesterday to check it out. The first part of my morning was spent driving the lake to find a decent fishing spot. I started out at upper Bolton and decided to throw the frog at the pads for a little while. I got a few small strikes but didn't hook up with anything. It looked pretty shallow and I'm not sure if there's anything of any size in there but I didn't find em if there are. Couldn't fish middle Bolton from shore because of other fishermen and some Ladies were letting their dog swim near the boat launch so I moved on to Lower Bolton.

I ended up at Lower Bolton around 10am. I tried throwing a spinnerbait for a while but didn't get any strikes. Next I tried out a rattletrap and again no strikes. It started to get hot and I was thinking about leaving but instead I decided to slow it down find some shade and relax and throw some wacky rigged senkos. I hooked up with a small LM on about my 3rd cast. Finally my first fish of the day. Isn't it funny how sometimes you just seem to catch more fish when you're not trying? I stuck with the pumpkin senkos and ended up landing around a 1.5 pounder and almost another 1.5er that jumped and threw the hook a few feet from shore. I would have liked to try throwing some jigs but it just got too hot so I left. At least next time I go I'll know where and what to start out with and hopefully land a few more. It was definitely better than working though.

On the way home my car went on autopilot and decided to turn into a local pond near me and I fished for another 30 to 40min and ended up catching a 1 pounder on a black trophy scum frog. I've had a few missed strikes on this frog before but this was the first fish I landed on it. I was beginning to think topwater frogs were over rated but I was proven wrong. It was a nice hard hit and a nice fight. I thought this was a bigger fish than it really was. All in all it was a great day of fishing.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upper Bolton is a slime patch for growing fry.

Middle Bolton is good from a boat, but doesn't leave you much from shore.

Lower Bolton is where it's at from shore, but way too many small fish this time of year especially during the day. You need a boat to get you to the deeper weed beds during the day there. Thats where the better fish usually hide.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree...from shore a lot of small ones along the rocks to spill way...but ive had some real nice ones come from the little bit of wood line over on the other side were it meets the miiddle lake,,,,
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info slimecoat. I won't waste my time at upper any more. And thanks to PECo I may be on the water instead of next to it very soon.

billybass, do you get to the area near middle lake from shore or a boat. I saw that area but didn't see a good way to get there without going through someone's yard.
billybass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey DirtyDawg...
There is a way for u to get over there with out going into anyones yard plus you can fish both lakes from that area,,,,if u leave lower bolton and take a rt out of the lot you will take your next rt onto a rd ...i forget the name..follow it up it kind of goes around the lake for a min or 2 and the u will hit a stop sign take a rt and go about a mile u will see a dirt pull over spot that is ok to park in, there is also a green gate thats there, followed by a little dirt rd ,,,,just park in that spot walk over the gate and its about a 2 min hike down to the split of both lakes and then you have your choice,,,it really simple,,,and i always hit it up when i dont have the boat ,,,,,,,I fish there a lot seeing that its a 10 min ride for me,,,,,both are great for ice fishing also......goodluck
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know. Thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: