CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: BOLTON LAKE 10/4 SIGN UP THREAD CTFT EVENT #3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a great event! Im sure everyone is going to catch a limit! We just need more people! Please feel free to sign up even if you are not a CTFT member! This is open to everyone!

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
MarkO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin, put me down as a non-boater. I'll confirm tommorow night, but it looks good right now. Mark
Phish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in on the Boater side.
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta pull out.

Headed to maine on the 3rd. This is called advanced notice BTW.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin,

I talked to John from the empty lake bass club, and he again granted us use of their tournament scale. So were all set there! Very Happy

Thanks again John....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thank Gary! Im looking forward to this!

CT RIVER
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
cobalt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need more fisherman!
toptech

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up...I will most likely be in but I have to wait till it gets a little closer to see my work schedule....
thestinkycrappie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I have to back out. Family commitment that I can't avoid.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go............. Crying or Very sad

Justin's going to have a coronary!!!!!! Crying or Very sad

I think Mike Rez. has it right.........

If your not sure you can fish the tourney until the last minute, then don't sign up until the last minute. That way you don't look like a putz! Shocked

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blasting anybody in particular, just trying to make a point.

I totally understand about family commitments, and other things that come up, but when I sign on for a tournament, I'm in, unless somebody dies, or I get in a car wreck the day before and am laying in a Hospital bed.

I guess some people are just not as commited as others! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I totally understand about family commitments, and other things that come up, but when I sign on for a tournament, I'm in, unless somebody dies, or I get in a car wreck the day before and am laying in a Hospital bed.

I guess some people are just not as commited as others! "

I know it is frustrating but be realistic - this isn't the bass masters championship.

Justin
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No big deal guys. Ya can't come, ya can't come.... I just wanna fish.. I'm going even if everyone backs out....

CT RIVER
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry,...be happy!! Laughing Laughing

Like Justin says,..I'm fishing regardless of who shows and who doesn't. We have some people that are more hard-core about the tournies and others that aren't,..but so what! I don't really see a difference between signing up early and then maybe backing out versus waiting until the last minute to decide,..
As long as the field is not full and we are not turning people away,...and no partners are getting stiffed, then what's the big deal?!! Just my $.02

Personally, I like these tourneys because they are low key and everyone stays friendly about stuff,...I hope that never changes!! Wink
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always friendly and still am, I am being realistic, just voicing my opinion.

I know this is not the Bassmasters, but as was stated, I guess I am just more hard core and more commited than most, since I am co running these tourney's with Justin. I will agree to disagree with Mark (Just for fun), I would rather have people sign up in the last week when they can commit 100%, than sign up just to sign up for the sake of signing up, then back out for one excuse or another a week before the tourney. My 2 cents..........

Mark also has good points in not stiffing anyone, or turning the non boaters away, that is definately what this is all about. Giving non boaters a chance to get on the water and sample tournament bass fishing, and learn some new skills or pick up a new bait. But people backing out, especially boaters backing out, could potentially keep a non boater from fishing a tourney.

I guess I just get frustrated with the thought, work, time, money, and expectations that go into this, and the same thing happens every tournament. Maybe someday I will be able to let these issues go, but probably not until somebody pries my fishing rod from my cold dead fingers.

Sorry if I offended anybody, I don't mean to, it's that I take my fishing very seriously. See you all at Lower Bolton!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slime, you didn't offend everyone and I appreciate your/justin's efforts. It is a lot to coordinate.

But sh*t happens, especially when you are married with kids. My wife is do in Mid October and I have a 2 year old. The only way I don't see myself making this is if the wife delivers early. I will make sure my cell phone is on and fully charged for the tourney just in case.

I can't wait to learn some tricks from the experienced guys and fish off a real bass boat. Not to mention I am looking to meeting all you guys.

As a non boater do I need to bring my own pfd? I am guessing this will be a trolling motor only fishing day since bolton has a 6hp motor restriction.

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: