CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Braided Line
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Braided Line Reply with quote

Ok, i got into braided line last year because i love fishing heavy vegetatian, plus it only makes sense to me to have stronger line if its the same diameter as 4lb, right? Well, it took me a while to figure out to tie mono onto the reel first so it doesnt slip. Now i hear that the fish can see my braid and dont want to take it, i need to use a flouro leader. I still caught a lot of fish last year and some real big ones, but not as much as the year before. I dont know if this is because of the braid or it was just a bad year. So any suggestions on what i should do? I use stealth braid 30lb. maybe should I use a 20lb vanish leader? or do you think it doesnt matter?
On twenty-pound test "
Fish On!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the line would make a difference only if you were using a large diameter. Its seems to me the fish aren't going to notice braid any more than mono or any type of line for that matter as long as they are the same size diameter. The fish are going to react on the action/presentation of your bait before they look at what type of line your using.

I know a few guys that fish the way you do, with braided line for the heavy vegetation, and they're the guys always catching the monster bass.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass,

I know some guys use nothing but braid on everything. However they do use a long Fluro leader.

Keep in mind Braid floats, so if your trying to fish a lure down deep on braid it might not get to where you wait it.

If you have a few rods, set them up with braid on one reel, Fluro on another. That will cover most of your needs.

Just my 2 cents from the couch.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only bait I throw on 30# braid is a spro frog on my extra heavy flipping stick, and dragging it over heavy vegetation. With this technique, the fish can barely see the frog sometimes, they feel the frogs vibration over the pads or vegetation, and rarely ever see the line itself, so no floro leader for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i run about 8 rods deep at all times, all braid, i just set up two flouro leaders to try out, we'll see what happens. And Ihate using swivels,id rather take the time to tie a knot than use a swivel. what are yor guys thoughts on swivels for easy crank/jerk bait changing?

thanks for everybodys two cents
On twenty-pound test "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: