CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Breakneck Last 2010 TRIP!!!!! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalfish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Breakneck Last 2010 TRIP!!!!! Reply with quote

What a day. I got out with PECo and Turtlekiss. We hiking in at 8:30am and were back at the cars at 4:30pm. What a great day. We all caught nice fish. A big thanks to my new camera man PEco and sweet assistant Turtlekiss. I feel bad still. I rocked the fish and they did great but not my 2 + dozen of fish. Crying or Very sad I feel like I should say sorry again. Thanks for joing me and both of you are welcome any time, had fun. HAPPY NEW YEAR. Vid coming soon...................
JohnS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice going Metal I think I am gonna give it a go there next weekend. How long did it take ya to trek in? Never fished it before.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Oh, Yeah! Reply with quote

TurtleKiss (aka Kira) and I took an icefishing excursion to Breakneck Pond today, to celebrate the last day of 2010. I had never been to Breakneck before and had never gone icefishing. Although Kira had been to Breakneck and had gone icefishing before, she had never done both at the same time. In order to make the trip the best it could be, we decided to take metalfish (aka Ian) up on his offer to guide the trip. And I feel comfortable speaking for Kira when I say that the decision was one of the best either of us made this year. Thanks, Ian, we had an awesome time. You can stop apologizing for outfishing both of us now! Wink

I'm still too tired and sore (but in a good way Very Happy ) to write up a report, but wanted to post a few photos before I enjoy a glass of fine champagne to toast out 2010 and toast in 2011:

Happy New Year, everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mf!

Glad to hear you guys had a super time!
WOW! Today turned out to be a New England beach day -> temp here got to 48.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL Exclamation

SeaDog1
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you all had a great time. Now where's the pics of the fish Very Happy

Happy New Year!
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Happy New Year, Dawg! Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the vid

Link

DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job everyone. I am officially jealous.

I love the kool-aid man sweatshirt too!!
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My camera fogged up at the wrong time. Ian's perch was the fattest that I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to apologize for outfishing me...not like it would happen on open water where it actually matters. Wink This was only my 2nd time on ice and 1st time jigging it. I had no clue what I was doing. Now that I know that I need lighter line, more slush-resistant boots, and maggot touching gloves, I can make modifications. I don't care if those nasty things taste like bacon to the bass - I don't like them one bit. Superworms/mealworms/earthworms no problem; maggots and leeches creep me out. It's like watching eyeball surgery footage. I was expecting one more 4+ pounder for the year, but im not trusting those tiny little trout hook with those crazy Breakneck bass. I caught 4 pathetic little fish & got to see my favorite pond dressed in white for the first time. I can't believe we didn't encounter any slimedarts today...you know it's because I brought the grippers. Great company as always... I will have to explain the backstory on why I hate being photographed/taped one day...it's a pretty interesting story.

Happy 2011 everyone!

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kira!

So glad you, Phil and Ian had such a good time on Breakneck Exclamation

Don't know why you don't like your pic taken because you take a great picture with that Million Dollar Kid like SMILE Exclamation

And that's still a super HAT Exclamation

SeaDog1
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I totally called it - no way was Phil gonna make it to spring without fishing. Now let's see if his wife gets in a kayak more than twice this year. Place your bets.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
nightstalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool video, i wish we could fish in tee shirts more often!! U should do a nite trip they would get a big kick out of it, especially when its making ice.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walleye, baby!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldnt have said it any better!! lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: