CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: broken diawa emblem 3500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: broken diawa emblem 3500 Reply with quote

The spool on my D3500 stopped moving up and down - the main shaft is reel loose - I can pull it up and down without resistance. I took apart the reel down to the anti-reverse mechanism but got intimidated and stopped. Now I can't remember how to the anti reverse mechanism goes back together. It was pretty late and I wasn't paying attention as close as I should have. I am gonna give another go when I get time.

This real cost me 80$ and I literally have less than 15 hours. I am pretty disappointed that it already crapped the bed. I have much cheaper reels with way more hours that still work like they are new. I am thinking of sending back to Daiwa to see if they will fix it for free or replace it.

Anyone have any luck with returning out of warranty reels back to Diawa to be fixed or replaced?

Justin
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually the reels come with a little manual that has a picture of the reel in a broken down illustration so as to show parts and #'s and how they go together if you need to order a new part. That might help.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys, I have the spec but it isn't that clear. I think I know how to get it back together just got to get the patience to give it another try.

I will still have the problem with spool not spooling properly. I might hit J&B to see if they can fix it. However, I don't want to spend money on a real with such low hours.

This might be a sign for me to stop using spinning reels and switch to all bait casters. Ever since i broke this reel, it has forced me to use my bait caster more and I am finally getting the hang of it. I fished 3 days on it without backlashing it beyond recognition. I still get the occasional tangle but I have been able to fix it rather quickly. I finally getting the techniques down. I still haven't caught a fish on it yet, got to get used to setting the hook with it.

Justin
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Bass Addict! The only way you're going to get comfortable using the baitcaster is to just..... use it! Eventually it will come to you as long as the reel is set up correctly for whatever weight bait you are using.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: