CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Bryon Schiffres Benefit Ice Out Tournament 4-5-09 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a full field signed up as of this morning. I want to thank everyone again for the support, this should be a fun day, for a very worthy cause.

Thanks Toptech for offering to help with the loading of boats.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem...Hopefully I will remember my waders otherwise I will lokk like a real ass....lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone is looking for a partner, let me know. I would love to fish this event as I believe to be a great cause.

Gary, put me down for a non boater. if anyone has a partner backing out please PM me if you are looking for a replacement. Bolton is a fun lake to fish. Should be a blast.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome, we now have a team waiting list, so if anybody has to drop out at the last minute due to unforeseen reasons, we have a fill in list started.

I just heard from Scot Haney at Channel 3, he has sent our information to his producer with high hopes, but there is one drawback, they don't shoot on Sundays, so I'm going to see what our other options are, like maybe setting up a tripod, and taping the weigh in myself, and sending the tape to them to edit what they want to use. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for all the suport guys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My partner will be todd - he is a site member and we'll be using his boat.
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was flying north of CT today, and pulled up the Bradley Airport weather around 10am... It was 29 degrees! Is the ice still on Bolton? All lakes over ME, NH, and VT are still frozen, except Champlain.... I don't know what to do if the ice is still there in a few weeks...I made Slimecoat through away all of his tip-ups!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the lakes I've looked at lately down here on the southern side have been open lately.
I don't think the below freezing nights matter too much if it keeps being well above freezing during the days!
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lower portion (closest to the ramp) is open all the way up ther shore from the beach to the dam.
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"....the lower portion (closest to the ramp) is open all the way up ther shore from the beach to the dam."

"....All the lakes I've looked at lately down here on the southern side have been open lately. I don't think the below freezing nights matter too much if it keeps being well above freezing during the days!"

EXCELLENT...!!! Thanks for the info.....
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long range weather for Bolton says low to mid 40's during the days and low to mid 30's during the nights,..every day for the next two weeks,...so we should be in good shape by tourney time (unless we have a real cold snap right before)! Cool
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how much weight is gonna take this??? I say 14 pounds Smile LOL

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a guy who lives on the lake, and the last remaining ice dissolved overnight Wednesday into thursday morning last week. With the warm week they are projecting, we should be all set. Water temps will be in the 40's before long.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 14 might be a little high but you never know with that place. My guess would be 10lbs range. Anyone else? We could start a side bet....hahaha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live less than five minutes from lower bolton so i drove by there a couple times over the weekend. looking from the launch there is no ice left on the lake at all. on saturday morning there were 2 bass boats, none in the afternoon, and sunday my wife said there were about 8 boats out there. i don't know if there was a tourney there yesterday or not. it is one of the only lakes in this area that is open all year so it may just be seeing a little more activity because of that.

i'm going to guess that the winning weights will be between 10 and 13 pounds. are you sure that you want to do a side bet toptech. we'll already be taking enough of your money don't ya think. Laughing

i can't wait to get out there. hopefully this upcoming weekend. just pulled the boat out of storage yesterday and mounted my new 55 lb. motor. that should help a little for fishing bolton. i only had a 38 lb. before. that will at least cut the time in half that it takes me to get from one end to the other if needed. Very Happy

Last edited by next level on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

14 was a running joke from last year. In April however, 14 lbs. is nothing for that place. Last year in April I had 13 lbs and change and got blown out by a 16 lb bag. There are some pigs in there.

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: