CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Bryon Schiffres Benefit Nice Job Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Bryon Schiffres Benefit Nice Job Reply with quote

I just wanted to say that despite the wind, cold and horrible fishing, I had a good time with you guys and I really felt good doing this for Bryon. It was really awesome to see so many good people come together to help out a total stranger in need of support, love and friendship! Not to sound corney but it was really inspiring....especailly in today's world.... Nice job guys and nice job Gary! I think Bryon and his family really appreciated all the generosity!

Also, Glenn and Glenn Jr. I just wanted to say that what Glenn Jr. did by giving his own matchbox cars to Bryon out of his own collection was something I'll never forget. You raised one heck of a boy Glenn. That was really awesome!

Again nice job everyone!

Regards,

- Justin Tralli
Stratos17

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Justin!

I have know both Glenns for awhile. All I can say is like father like son, good people. Jr. could certainly wear ya down, tons of energy in that kid!

Our prayers are with Bryon's family for a healthy and speedy recovery

Post the winning bag,lunker and order when you have a chance

Let me know on your brakes

Great Job Gary!

Marty
Ryan G.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a success. It is nice to see everyone come together to help them out!
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure seems like he's a great kid!

I will have the entire video of the weigh in posted up tonight on CTFishtalk on YouTube
Go Bama

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: well... Reply with quote

Had a good time today...tough to complain about poor fishing and the wind as today had nothing to do with fishing at all.

Bryon and is family will be in our thoughts.

Anyone want to do it again tomorrow? Windy again...PLUS RAIN!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube....That should be cool.
djmon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool guys; sounds like it was a good time even with the weather- my best to bryon: wish i coulda joined today

what was the weights?
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Justin for all your help yesterday, and many thanks to all you anglers for coming out and getting blown around the lake for a great cause. Thanks to Silver City Bassmasters, The Empty Lake Bass Club for the use of their scale and a handfull of anglers from the Empty Lake club, all the CTFishTalk anglers, Steve K. and The Hartford for the unbelieveable donation collected from the employees there, I can't say enough how much this meant to me, my wife, Rich & Linda Schiffres, and I'm sure little Bryon just about jumped out of his hospital bed when he saw all those matchbox cars yesterday afternoon.

As Justin has already said, I can't stress enough that little Glenn Jr. gave the most generous heartfelt gift of all. A ziploc bag full of his own personal matchbox cars. I'm getting choked up just writing this and thinking back to yesterday when he personally handed me the ziploc bag. What a great kid with a huge heart, Glenn you should be very proud.

I did the math in my head last night when I got home, and between private donations from anglers, tournament entry fees, and The Hartford we collected about $900 for Bryon and his family. Thank You, and God Bless You all!

I feel like I am forgetting to mention somebody or an organization, so I appolagize if I did. If I did please let me know and I will edit my post to reflect the forgotten, as I want to thank everyone.

I will post the results on it's own thread...

Thanks Again Everybody for making yesterday a very special day.

Gary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the fishing was lets say not very good. However the cause for the fishing was what it was all about. I want to thank Gary for all you work and putting this together.Thanks Again Everybody for making yesterday a very special day. As for me I froze my butt of for awhile and think i still hear that darn wind blowing in my ears.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was my pleasure, anytime I can help out a friend in need I will.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done Gary. If it's alright with Bryon's family, keep us posted on his progress. I hope he's cancer free and well recovered in the not to distant future. Thanks and congrats on successful tourney.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike,

I will definately let everybody know how he progresses from time to time. I haven't spoken with the parents yet today, but I plan to tonight. I am going to check the careing bridge site to see if Linda or Rich wrote anything about his reaction to the over whelming amout of matchbox cars. I did hear that yesterday Bryon was kind of in and out of it, not a good day but not bad either. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks Again everybody for all your blessings and well wishes.

Gary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gary for putting this tourny together.Hope Bryon gets better and stays there our prayers are with him and his family. I had a great time even through we didn't get any bass. We will see you guys at the west hill tourny.
Greg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Gary for having a tournament in honor of Bryon. We're all pulling for him! It was great to be out fishing again, but as many said before me, it wasn't about the fishing. Thank you again!

Greg
Glenn D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words guys. Jr had a smile from ear to ear when he read it. We are both just glad to help out, and make a some new friends with all you guys. My entire family's prayers are with Bryon & his family. Looking forward to the next (warmer) adventure. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: