CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bunnells Pond 4/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Bunnells Pond 4/21 Reply with quote

After getting home from fishing with member mikeyinstfd, I saw it was still before 6pm so I decided to get geared up quickly and hit Bunnells Pond for the last 90 minutes of sunlight.

Got to Bunnells around 6:15pm and found familiar faces fishing by the rocks, which meant head over to the crappie spot with the Mondo Pond killer HJ-6.

Never got any hits or taps so I headed over to the deeper open area where I caught that 5 pound largemouth at 2 years ago. Threw a silver shad JSR-4, shad TD-5, and pearl grey shiner CNC-53 with no luck.

Next was the cove and bridge. Once I got over to the cove I saw many fish scatter by all the swirls on the surface. Played with the HJ-6 and also a bleeding copper flash F-7 but didn't have any luck. Saw a few bass, including a nice 3 or 4 pounder, lurking under the bridge until they swam away.

Last stop was back over to the rocks to check and see how many people were still there seeing it was after sunset. 2 groups had left so I had room to cast. Threw the usual trout producers for that spot (JSR-4 & TD-5) hoping for some trout but no hits.

Hit the road at the last few minutes of twilight.

Fishermen I saw throwing Power Bait on the bottom at the rocks weren't having much luck. Saw 1 had only caught a 10" bow while another caught 2 that were about 15" just over a pound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: