CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Buying a new boat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Buying a new boat Reply with quote

If you guys were planning on buying a shinny new bassboat how would you do it? And you didnt have the cash, Would you finance it? Would you try to save 30 to 40 thousand? OR Would you refinance your house?? I would like to hear how some people do it!!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to help stimulate the economy Flippy? Laughing

Or

Give ideas of how to get caught up in Bankruptsy? Crying or Very sad

I say live within your means, if you can't afford it don't buy it. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me a consider my boat a toy. I think if you want toys then you should pay cash. If you dont have the cash...no toys.

More serious fisherman may see it in a different way.

My boat is fun, so is my fishing

Re-fi the house......I would never

I dont know about anyone else. Trying to save money lately is been really difficult. Especially with two girls in school. I cant even save $500 for new electronics for my boat let alone 35 g's for a boat. something always comes up.
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Slimecoat, I was just wondering, I agree with you on getting by with what you can afford, I have even heard of people taking a 30 year mortgage on a boat, to keep the payments down Shocked Ive heard of people refinance their homes for a boat, Shocked Ive been doing alot of sidejobs just to go fishing, and new electronics, and fishing gear and money to take the family out to eat,and etc etc etc etc Very Happy
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just bustin' your stones flippy.

I totally agree though, I have done a few side jobs recently to help cover upcoming tournament entry fees etc. That's why I'm still floatin' around in my tin can. It gets me pretty much anywhere when Pointing dogs boat is not available, just not in a hurry. It's easy on the tow vehicle, and easy on gas too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, worked a full time job and 2 part-time jobs for 15 years between buying a house and having kids where I got to the point where I was able to put $27,000 down-payment down on a $40,000 boat set-up the way I always dreamed about. Moral of my posting.........dreams don't die if you have the perserverance and the patience to see it through. Very Happy Now that I have my dream boat.....still working mutliple jobs to make sure I pay off the loan and have enough left over to keep the damn thing gassed with the way the gas prices have gone up. Shocked Very Happy
Old Mud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
Me, worked a full time job and 2 part-time jobs for 15 years between buying a house and having kids where I got to the point where I was able to put $27,000 down-payment down on a $40,000 boat set-up the way I always dreamed about. Moral of my posting.........dreams don't die if you have the perserverance and the patience to see it through. Very Happy Now that I have my dream boat.....still working mutliple jobs to make sure I pay off the loan and have enough left over to keep the damn thing gassed with the way the gas prices have gone up. Shocked Very Happy

That's Passion !!!~!~ Cool

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Don. If I had to do it all over again, I'll do the same thing. No regrets buying my boat although my wife was not too happy about it at the time. She'll get over it someday! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: