CTFishTalk.com Forum Index






CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Cabela's Wanna Go Fishing for Million$? Promotion Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TurtleKiss



Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1200
Location: central CT

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x182dan wrote:
So your the first one to get a tagged fish probably? Thats pretty cool, did you go to that place because they put tagged fish in there or just happened to?

I live 4 miles away from Batterson...not my favorite pond by a long shot, but I fish there frequently because it's the most affordable place to get my fix. There's got to be at least 5 more tags in there...bass and walleye. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else from this forum catches one...it's a small place.
_________________
Kira

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Back to top
PECo



Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 5200
Location: Avon, CT

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to catch a tagged walleye. I figure that if they tagged one, it must be a keeper. Wink
_________________
Don't forget to wear sunscreen and don't litter!
Back to top
CT_BASSman



Joined: 23 May 2011
Posts: 349

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
I want to catch a tagged walleye. I figure that if they tagged one, it must be a keeper. Wink


I was hoping when I pulled mine in it had that little green tag hanging from it. . . Crying or Very sad lol
Back to top
PECo



Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 5200
Location: Avon, CT

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishface (aka Tim) got one short walleye on Saturday. With my four shorts and your one keeper, that's six untagged walleyes pulled out of Batterson so far.

Maybe we should try Conventry Lake (aka Coventry Lake, I think Rolling Eyes ), too.
_________________
Don't forget to wear sunscreen and don't litter!
Back to top
TurtleKiss



Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1200
Location: central CT

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coventry has twice the potential tagged species (SMB, LMB, trout & walleye,) more than double the acreage, deeper water, and it's tougher to fish. Your odds are soooo much better at Batterson (as long as you can handle the perpetual wind vortex.)
_________________
Kira

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Back to top
PECo



Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 5200
Location: Avon, CT

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleKiss wrote:
Coventry has twice the potential tagged species (SMB, LMB, trout & walleye,) more than double the acreage, deeper water, and it's tougher to fish. Your odds are soooo much better at Batterson (as long as you can handle the perpetual wind vortex.)

You're just saying that because Batterson Park Pond is YOUR favorite pond in Connecticut, Kira. Rolling Eyes Admit it! Laughing
_________________
Don't forget to wear sunscreen and don't litter!
Back to top
CT_BASSman



Joined: 23 May 2011
Posts: 349

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Fishface (aka Tim) got one short walleye on Saturday. With my four shorts and your one keeper, that's six untagged walleyes pulled out of Batterson so far.

Maybe we should try Conventry Lake (aka Coventry Lake, I think Rolling Eyes ), too.


Too bad there weren't tagged rock bass
Back to top
PECo



Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 5200
Location: Avon, CT

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira was at Batterson Park Pond because it's her FAVORITE pond in all of Connecticut! Laughing Don't believe her if she says otherwise. Wink
_________________
Don't forget to wear sunscreen and don't litter!
Back to top
TurtleKiss



Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1200
Location: central CT

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabela's should hold some Batterson-exclusive contests:

Wanna Go Fishing for Rock Bass?
Wanna Destroy your Trolling Motor?
Wanna Experience a Wind Vortex?
Wanna Get Shot?

FAVORITE pond EVERRRRRRRRRRR! Very Happy
_________________
Kira

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Back to top
DirtyDawg10



Joined: 27 May 2009
Posts: 2238
Location: Granby, CT

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT_BASSman wrote:
PECo wrote:
Fishface (aka Tim) got one short walleye on Saturday. With my four shorts and your one keeper, that's six untagged walleyes pulled out of Batterson so far.

Maybe we should try Conventry Lake (aka Coventry Lake, I think Rolling Eyes ), too.


Too bad there weren't tagged rock bass


This had me ROFL.... Laughing
Back to top
JustinSolak



Joined: 17 Jul 2011
Posts: 245
Location: East Hartford, CT

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleKiss wrote:
Cabela's should hold some Batterson-exclusive contests:

Wanna Go Fishing for Rock Bass?
Wanna Destroy your Trolling Motor?
Wanna Experience a Wind Vortex?
Wanna Get Shot?

FAVORITE pond EVERRRRRRRRRRR! Very Happy


Destroy your trolling motor? Wind vortex? Get shot? Doesn't sound like too pleasant of a place. I've been there a handful of time and can't relate to those...

Except for the rock bass...

I suppose if you got shot, the wind vortex could drag you into the rocks which would destroy your trolling motor. Killin 3 birds with one stone, so to speak.

Anyone wanna help me arrange it?? I wanna take the triple crown!!!
_________________
...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Back to top
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!



Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 108

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope u win something sick would def be awsome if the big winners are from CT !!! Hay some lucky person in ct got a $10,000 gift card last year !' GOOD LUCK !! Def Heading there soon !!
_________________
my autopilot aims for ..............SANDBARS!!!!!!!
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Other sites in our Network: