CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Can I have three rods on my kayak? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fishing 3 rods most of the time, but I have a canoe so there's loads of room compared to a yak. I have 3 for the line choices....big braid, and a couple different fluro's. This of course means that I can have it looking like a total clusterflock in short order.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rxpxtx wrote:
I'm fishing 3 rods most of the time, but I have a canoe so there's loads of room compared to a yak. I have 3 for the line choices....big braid, and a couple different fluro's. This of course means that I can have it looking like a total clusterflock in short order.

i Know that u r saying. The first time I use two rods on my kayak, I got them entangled each other several times...I have to figure out how to coordinate them. haha
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach0208 wrote:
rxpxtx wrote:

i Know that u r saying. The first time I use two rods on my kayak, I got them entangled each other several times...I have to figure out how to coordinate them. haha

Now, imagine tangling three rods up in your kayak. Shocked Not good. Wink

I actually take either three or four setups in my Hobie Pro Angler (aka The Other Woman). But it has rod tube storage for six rods, two vertical rod tubes and two Scotty rod holders. Very Happy

Yesterday, I took only two setups when I paddled my Hurricane Santee 116 Sport (aka El Habañero), which has two Scotty rod holders, and I still managed to tangle them up. . . twice! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a 'pole' on this Smile

I've lost a few rods and usually whenever I bring more than 2... I have since dedicated myself to leashing all of my rods so I don't throw more $$$ overboard...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually bring 2 rods on my trophy 126, but I've taken three with no problem. I only had one tangle, but it was a really nasty one. Evil or Very Mad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
Zach0208

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone troll two lines at the same time? how to keep them from tangling each other?
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I troll two lines at once, but have Scotty rod holders in front of me on either side of my kayaks. I don't recall ever tangling my lines, even when turning. You just have to take w - i - d - e turns.

The worst tangle that I've had happened when I hooked the only keeper walleye I've caught this year. It turned my Hobie Pro Angler around in the dark and fouled the other line, but not too badly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice for trolling would be: dont.

I think youd be much better off locating good structure/vegetation and fishing that.

Trollings no fun anyway ; )

BTW

I lost a rod the other day standing up in a small aluminum boat. I lost my balance and had to grab the side. After I sat down I noticed I wasnt holding my rod and it wasnt in the boat.

I hate sitting when fishing but in a small boat standing is dangerous ESPECIALLY with more than one person. I can stand by myself find but as soon as someone else is in the boat, the slightest shift can throw you off balance.

I am borrowing an inflatable kayak from a friend. There are tons of schools right down the street from me (beach) but they are just out of casting range. Ill bring one rod and probably 2 plugs. Dont want to take chances in a big balloon.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikey5string wrote:
My advice for trolling would be: dont.

I think youd be much better off locating good structure/vegetation and fishing that.

Trollings no fun anyway ; )

Aw, come on! Rolling Eyes Trolling's a blast! Very Happy Of course, I troll in a pedal powered Hobie Pro Angler that's equipped with a fish finder. It's extremely relaxing. I do a lot of thinking while I circle around. Plus, my wife appreciates my well toned backside. Laughing

Last edited by PECo on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
jjbassfishn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Plus, my wife appreciates my well toned backside. Laughing

Uh oh, Things just got ugly! Shocked

Can't catch em sittin on the sofa! Wink
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to troll. Covering water with two lines has brought me much success. My problem is the temptation to cast a third along the way. I'm really not fond of the DEEP's attitude on this...but alas...I comply. I'm gonna go make a drink now. I have to try to wash my mind out of the image of Phil's toned caboose.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: