CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood 8/17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Candlewood 8/17 Reply with quote

Well first time this year I have been skunked. Whenever a cold front comes in I hesitate on bothering to go out because it usually turns the fish off, but if you have the time and don't go, you can't get that day back. I hit the launch at 5:30 in the morning, beautiful day and trolled my favorite shad raps. I saw bass jumping out of the water all over the place. I tried topwaters, spinnerbaits, it didn't matter what I used. I could see them in front of the boat jumping out of the water but they weren't taking anything. I still enjoy being on the water fish or not.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished a small tourney there today. Got skunked also. But two 14lb bags came outa there today along with a few 3/4lbrs. They were hitting Paca Craws and small jigs. I was using the same just couldn't park on any schools.

Did they treat the weed there recently? I fished there Wednesday and found well defined weed lines. Today we covered a lot of lake and they were very sparse with a Green Muck Colored water.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the weeds. I saw some floating but not a lot. The lake being down this year has messed up my patterns a lot though. I think I'll take a few weeks off and try it again in the fall. I usually fish until some time in October and then start getting ready for hunting season and hitting the shooting range weekly as my fall/winter sports.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished Candlewood Lake with mep21 (aka Mark) on Monday. We found bass in thick weed beds where the bottom was eight to 10 feet deep, especially along the west shore of Lattins Cove. Mark caught a bunch with a Texas rigged green with red flake Zoom Brush Hog. The best three were a three pound, 10 ounce largemouth bass, a two pound, six ounce smallmouth bass and a three pound, six ounce largemouth bass:

You have to find the weeds to find the fish. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I fish the way my dad taught me, (RIP), trolling with lead line, we have caught lots of fish, I want to spend more time in the weeds casting also. Nice fish!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: