CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood - 8/24/07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T_Shan BAWS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Candlewood - 8/24/07 Reply with quote

Sorry for the late report - didn't get to a computer until Monday morning. Fished The 'Wood with fellow BAWS member Todd on Friday. We got on the water by 5:45am, which was clutch. Started at one of my consistently producing spots, and there was plenty of surface activity. I had a few small hits on a chugger and then Todd had a nice blow up and a 4+ lb small jumped out the water just as his bait came flying back towards us. Oh well. I maneuvered around a bit more and I had the boat in 25 feet but we were casting in to shallower water. I noticed a few blow ups behind us in deeper water so I figured why not? My first cast back there produced a 2.5 lb smallie which was quickly followed up with a couple smaller ones, still decent fish though. It stayed overcast for the entire morning, but the top water bite died for us, so then we started concentrating on the weedlines, inside and out. For the day, we probably picked up 20+ fish between the two of us. A good mix of LM and SM. After the surface bite, all came on various soft plastics in 5-10 feet. Best LM was a 3lber by Todd and the best SM was about 3.25 by me. Every fish looked healthy and had big fat bellies. We got off the water by 2pm, which was good because that's right when the sun came out and things got VERY hot.

Last edited by T_Shan BAWS on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on Candy T_Shan. Gotta love those explosive smallie strikes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: