CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood Lake, North end
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lundrunner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Candlewood Lake, North end Reply with quote

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:05 am Post subject: Candlewood Lake, North end

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Took the grandkids there for a morning of fishing and a cookout. Put in at squantz ramp and went north to the road. As we were setting up the DEP came by for a visit, very nice guys. Two guys on shore pulled in a real nice brown trout over 20" so it seemed like a good place. Got the kids rigged with worms and bobbers. After 15 mins I had Sadie pull hers in and we dropped it to the bottom with split shot. Fish on in one min. Nice fat sunfish. All the kids were on the bottom after that and Grandpa had to put his pole away to keep up with the action. First fish of his life for Antonio, first rockbass for Sadie and Jasa's first smallie. She liked that battle. Started to slow down about 12, so they all took turns driveing the boat and then headed back to the ramp for the cookout. Great Day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: BOAT TRAFFIC? Reply with quote

Were you in Squantz pond or the ramp for Lake candlewood? I was wondering if you could still only put low hp motors in at squantz? Also the last time I tried candlewood there was so much boat traffic it was difficult to find a quiet place to fish. Has the price of gas cut down on the traffic. cmorjoe
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the kids had fun. Nice job Lundrunner!
ME_fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, I don't want to speak for him, but it sounds like he put in at the Squantz cove launch and parked his boat just across the road from Squantz.

I think they uped the limit at Squantz to 25hp, but you could always put boats with larger motors in, you just couldn't use it and would have to use the trolling motor or a kicker motor. That is a quiet place to fish. Candlewood is not. There is still just as much boat traffic. I don't know if there are as many from NY as before, but there is plenty to keep you bouncing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: