CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood Lake: Trout help!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FishAllDay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Candlewood Lake: Trout help! Reply with quote

So this being such a weird summer weather wise I figured I'd start targeting trout for fun. Unfortunately I really have no idea what I'm doing. Was finally able to find a spot where they are consistently but have only caught one trolling (for bass ironically). I've had them follow small spinners, tried minnows, worms but no luck. I've heard the main diet is alewives so would it be worth it to throw alewives? I just don't see that being plausible. Should I jig?

On a side note I'm going to put together an album of my candlewood fishing adventures this summer and post it at some point. Fully took advantage of my last summer before entering the working world!
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't target trout but in the spring I catch and release a lot on a Rapala Black/Silver 3" jerk bait. This time of year I believe they're deep. I spot them in area's where fresh cool water enters the lake. I've seen some really big ones in the New Fairfield and Danbury Bay areas.

Look for water falls and streams entering the lake. I always see guys trolling around the red house on the island.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lures to troll with that the trout would love include....

Rapala Shad Rap
Rapala Shad Rap RS
Rapala Jointed Shad Rap
Rapala Tail Dancer
Rapala Minnow Rap
Rapala Deep Husky Jerk
Cotton Cordell Wally Diver

Colors on those lure would have to look like an alewife, so think of certain patterns in silver, gray, white, blue, and purple.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: