CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood Thunderstorm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Candlewood Thunderstorm Reply with quote

I was fishing a cove in New Fairfield yesterday when a thunderstorm popped up over the hill. Since I was stuck anyway, and figured the cove would be safer than running home on the open lake I trolled up and down the cove.

At the height of the thunder and lightning the Trout went wild. I had four between 2 and 3 pounders as fast as I could reel up and reset the downriggers. The storm passed and the bite stopped, but it was a wild ten minutes! Laughing
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happend to me one time striper fishing in Maine. It was 11 pm and there were 2 storms coming over the beach my father said I was nuts but I went out anyway. Every second there was a lightning bolt and when the 2 storms or cells met the rods bent in half the first rod I caught a 29 incher which I had to release due to Maine laws and then 2 mintues later I catch my personal best striper at 36.5 inches Laughing Again I had to release due to Maine laws but that was the best 20 minutes of my life.
[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: