CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Candy Neon Green
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Candy Neon Green Reply with quote

Fished Candlewood yesterday from 2pm to 6:30pm. Water temps were 64deg. No wind to start then 10mph about 6:00pm.

The west shore and bays on the southern end (Latins Cove) are Neon Green from decaying algae. Water clarity is "0". Fished Jigs, Spinner Baits, Top Water, Drop Shot and Senkos.

Managed 2 LGM Bass on a drop shot with only one being a keeper at about 14" and one Yellow Perch.

This has to be the worst I've ever seen Candlewood as far as Algae. Never made it into Echo Bay but both bass and perch were caught on the point entering the bay from Latins. Danbury Bay was awful. Only stayed about 10 minutes.

Guess it's time to start practicing fishing deep jigs and drop shots.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least I don't feel bad about not making one last trip out there this year. I've been reluctant to put everything away for the year but I guess it's about time for me to get out the hunting gear. See you guys in the spring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: