CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing
Viewing Topic: Carp through the icehole?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Carp through the icehole? Reply with quote

Anybody do this??? I know a pond nearby that has carp in it. What would be good bait this time of year?? Corn?
icetilt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about carp but a guy if fish with occasionally, uses night crawlers and leaves them on the bottom and catches suckers all the time. I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean to be catching suckers, because we usually target trout LOL. Look online there are pages and pages devoted to carp fishing and carp bait. Some receipes are really complicated others are pretty simple. I followed one and it called for corn meal and strawberry jellow. Don't laugh my son caught some nice carp with it. I would go with anything that has a strong odor. I hope that helps. Night Crawlers on the bottom might even work. I hope this helps.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it helps, but the pond i was thinking of fishing has signs posted no children over 16 can fish Sad
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CD!

Carp Shocked -> Why bother Exclamation -> Like trying to drag up a waterlogged stump (No fight) -> Warm water fish + you'd need to drill hole bigger then 10 inches to get them thru the ice. Rolling Eyes

SeaDog1
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seadog, I take you never caught one, they fight like a son of a gun,,, Wonderbread and strawberry jam, my 13 year old catches them all the time, in Birges pond.Take the bread not the crust, roll it into a marble size ball, mold it onto your hook, and dip it in strawberry jam,, cast it out and let it sit,,,, make sure you have a good weight to get it to stay on the bottom,,, also make sure you make alot of bread balls and bait the area,, he fishes for them in the summer, he catches 5 to 20 lb carp,They fight better than trout,, dont go after carp with a ultralight, you wouldnt get it in

Last edited by flippy on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi flippy!

Yeah! I've caught them, and they do fight -> BUT Not in the winter under the ice Exclamation

They're CARP -> Warmwater fish like Bass -> In winter they find a deep hole and basicly hibernate!

SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: