CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Carrot Sticks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Carrot Sticks Reply with quote

HAs anyone tried one of the Carrot Stick rods? I know they're kind of ugly but I picked one up the other day and really liked how it felt. I'd like to know the pros and cons of the rods!

Thanks

- T
heavyweight80

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the cons is the $200+ price tag

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard from a couple of people who broke their tips on hooksets.
Phish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boyd Duckett parted ways with them. Check out the article. No love lost. On the flip side, Byron Velvick is still with them and loves them.

http://www.boydduckett.com/

If you don't want to read the whole release, here's a couple lines that pretty much sums it up.

“The bottom line is that we have strong differences of opinion over the whole Carrot Stix concept. For example, I’m concerned about the general quality of the rods being made and how warranties are being honored. And I’ve learned that there are too many warranty claims being made for me to continue putting my endorsement on the Carrot Stix. I don’t want any part of the direction E-21 is now going.”
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a couple of national fishing forums with plenty of folks that have bought them. The general concensus of the first reports was overwhelmingly positive (aside from the fact that they were in short supply initially..). Just about anyone that got one absolutely loved how they felt and fished,....however more recently I have been seeing a few posts about them breaking............
So if they are not standing behind their warranty I would definitely steer clear! Just my $.02
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys I think Im going to re-consider. JEd that was a heck of an article. I read the whole thing and I think thats why I'm going to stay clear. If Boyd doesnt feel they're up to par, than Im not going to use them either. Thatnks for the info guys!

-Big T.
pdcrack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice new pic Tralli lol....
Also nice to see you at the tables last night LOL
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks man. It was nice seeing you too! I had a rough go last night. I moved all in three times with the best hand (KK, KK, AQ) and lost every one of them. I took a sever beating. I think Im gonna take a break...
pdcrack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im on a 4-500 dollar downswing myself. Boo. I still have baller stats tho, check me out on OPR:
http://officialpokerrankings.com/fulltiltpoker/Kleberson13/poker/results/20E171FC9C60462DB417B633849A14F3.html?t=2

99.35 percentile Laughing Surprised Very Happy Very Happy
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so JT takes every ones money in fishing tourney's then looses it all playing poker. Laughing Laughing

Justin
pdcrack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
so JT takes every ones money in fishing tourney's then looses it all playing poker. Laughing Laughing

Sounds about right, and about the opposite for me! I cant boat fish to save my life in a damn tourney. Im starting to think im bad luck Sad Even the Gardner tourney I placed in last year MikeRez boated almost all the keepers
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The river and Garner can be really tough on any one, no need to hang your head - you will get them next time pete. Besides, poker probably pays better.

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: