CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Cedar Lake 7/22
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mep21

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Cedar Lake 7/22 Reply with quote

I came back home last Saturday from a vacation of nothing but fishing, kayaking, and swimming. I had all day Sunday free so why not do some more fishing? Smile

I called up NWDarkCloud (Bob) and found out he was planning to fish Cedar Lake in Chester, CT with JJay (Jason) the next morning. While Bob and Jason got on the water before first light, I wasn't quite as adventurous and put in my kayak right around 6:30 AM. The first thing that struck me was just how warm the water was! The heat coming off the water made it feel as if I was in a sauna in my kayak. Every few minutes a slight breeze would remind me how much warmer this air just off the water was than the surrounding air.

The weeds were pretty grown in all along the shallows and so started throwing my Zoom Horny Toad. After not getting any strikes for about the first hour, I switched almost exclusively to a Texas rigged green pumpkin Baby brush hog. Bob, Jason, and I worked the docks around the houses on the western side. By around 7:30, we hadn't had any luck and rain had begun to fall off and on every few minutes. Jason and Bob decided to make a run to the deeper southern end of the lake and I planned to follow shortly after trying some of the water further off shore first. On my first random cast about 20 yards out from the weedline I felt a GOOD pickup on my brush hog:

My biggest fish of the year at a little over 4lbs and 20.5 inches. A few cast later I got another good pickup:

Right around 3lbs. I paddled over to Bob and Jason hoping they were having the same luck I was in the deeper water. Unfortunately, they were not and a few minutes later I told them I was going back to my new "spot". First cast in the same area as before yielded another keeper just over 2 pounds:

That was pretty much it for the rest of the day. The clouds parted and the sun began shining through, and with the fish not biting we headed off the water around 11:30 AM. Thanks Bob and Jason for inviting me along!
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! That's a good haul for a short day.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bass!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: