CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Charlestown Breachway- Night fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riverrat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Charlestown Breachway- Night fishing Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I’m going to be going on a family beach trip the week of Aug 19th through 23rd to Rhode Island, pretty close to the Charlestown Breachway. I would like to try a couple nights fishing from the beach or breachway for striped bass (or even blues, not picky). I’ve heard that I should be fishing live eels from the jetty during ebb tide and letting the current take the eel out, then slowly retrieving. Other than that, I’ve never fished from any beach, and have no idea what I’m doing lol. Other than eels from the breachway, can I just chuck some bunker chunks from the beach itself and plop down in a lawnchair? I’m a little worried about fishing from the breachway itself because taking a spill at night into the breachway itself seems like a legitimate risk, and I really don’t want to fall in that water (it hauls ass during ebb tide).

If anyone here is familiar with night surf fishing, some simple ideas would be appreciated!!
Amotha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a rotation....even in the summer...you need korkers...fishing will be slow
Pauleye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: RI Fishing Reply with quote

Yes you can do chunks from the beach. I always liked East Beach which is on the other side of the breachway. May I also suggest the short wall in Galilee behind George's Restaurant. Fish from and hour before to an hour after the tide change in the dark. Walk out to end of jetty and stand next to the orange triangle sign (channel marker). More productive than breachway.

Also bring light tackle and fish the pond side of the breachway where the campers park. Snappers should be all over and getting bigger and you can pick up schoolies too. You can fish here any time and wade in your bathing suit.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also take some bucktails and casting eggs for the breachway.

Wooden egg from Michaels craft store w/ a few small stainless eyes and a nail.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: