CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Cold water trout fishing in the Farmington
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Cold water trout fishing in the Farmington Reply with quote

I brought a buddy of mine who lives in Florida (up here on vacation) to the Farmington River on Sunday. We went to the Whittemore pool first and got there about 5:00am. There were no other fishermen there yet so we had the huge pool all to ourselves.

Well let me tell you, that water was cold. It took some time adjusting to it and my boys were hesitant to go under water. It was overcast and actually looked like rain for a bit. There was a breeze and that also made it chilly. I wished I had brought a jacket with me.

We fished there for about two hours and each caught two brown trout. None of them over 14 inches. We caught them on trout worms. As we were leaving 3 other fisherman showed up.

We then went to my favorite pool. There were already 5 guys fishing the pool when we arrived. We slowly worked our way into the pool. Everyone was catching fish. There was one particular old fella that was just killing them. Big ones too. No matter were he moved to he was just totally attracting them. He had his dog with him. It looked like a Pit bull mix. That dog stayed by his side the entire time in the water. That dog was so disciplined.

The other guys he was with were a riot. Their comments and jokes with each other had us cracking up. It made for an awesome day of fishing. They were very friendly and welcomed us to the pool even though it was already crowded. True gentlemen and great fishermen.

Everyone was fishing either meal worms or trout worms. Most of the fish caught were between 9 to 13 inches. Some were bigger and my buddy pulled out a 2.5 - 3.0lb brownie. Its jaw was pretty beat up from previous catches. We release all the fish to fight another day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: