CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Colebrook Reservoir
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott M

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Colebrook Reservoir Reply with quote

Fished from around 7 to dark at Colebrook reservoir from the shore yesterday. Hooked up with 6 SMB on a wacky rigged senko (also my first time throwing this bait) I told my friend about the site and he was very skeptical when he saw me throwing this out there but the proof is in the pudding. We had hoped to stay at night and try for some bullhead but it closes at dark and apparently that's enforced by the MDC police.

Any ideas where we could go at night and try to catch some bull head to fry up?

Scott
hoppy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could always try highland lake or congamond for bullheads. both have shore fishing access. colebrook holds some monster smallies. there is an unbeleivable amount of rocky structure in that lake and it can be pretty tough at times. however if you keep at it and put your time in you could be greatly rewarded. Pretty place to. was fishing there once(from a boat) and got greeted at the waters edge by a small moose that walked out of the woods down an old road. That place seems to fish best in late fall.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of bullhead in Holbrook Pond (Hebron.)

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: