CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: colebrook river...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: colebrook river... Reply with quote

Went up there mid afternoon for some trout action. Got 2 small browns bout 1 1/2 2lbs each. wait thats decent for CT. lol caught and released at the time didnt think to take pics cause thought i would get into something bigger. Went up here on SD's info. Extremely nice area. I didnt see anyting spawning what i seen i picked up behind rocks. Nothing in the deep except some small small mouths. and the breakwaters had nothing too. I wanted to go further north but didnt have a Mass fishing license NY,NH,RI,and PA and of course good ole CT. My pops didnt get into any today but got alot of those stupid sticky things stuck to us everywhere.... Anyways im not familiar with that area but my opinion water temp is still to warm for the spawning. over there. unless they went north where i could not have fished legally... all in all thanks for the tip SD was good venture...
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AF!

Yeah! Don't know why, but the Browns can be there one day then they fall back to the Res. to make another run the next, possibly due to water flow or temp. -> who knows.

There was a bunch there the other day horned out!

Glad you enjoyed yourself -> Keep a look out for the Bald Eagles that are there almost all winter!

Seadog1
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea just wanted to kill an itch before i went upstate. reports up there are getting better and better everyday. Hopefully i can get into so monsters and post them up for you all.... I will be headed to the same area but by twin lakes guess theres a river for some browns that will be spawning... heard some news about that from some guys i meet upstate NY....
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: colebrook river... Reply with quote

asianfisher wrote:
Went up there mid afternoon for some trout action. Got 2 small browns bout 1 1/2 2lbs each. wait thats decent for CT. lol caught and released at the time didnt think to take pics cause thought i would get into something bigger. Went up here on SD's info. Extremely nice area. I didnt see anyting spawning what i seen i picked up behind rocks. Nothing in the deep except some small small mouths. and the breakwaters had nothing too. I wanted to go further north but didnt have a Mass fishing license NY,NH,RI,and PA and of course good ole CT. My pops didnt get into any today but got alot of those stupid sticky things stuck to us everywhere.... Anyways im not familiar with that area but my opinion water temp is still to warm for the spawning. over there. unless they went north where i could not have fished legally... all in all thanks for the tip SD was good venture...

Hi AF!

By the way what did you use to catch those Browns?

I'n dying to try these "Mad River Eggs" (rubber eggs scented with Anise) Moffit technique with #12-#14 circle hook! (hookless nymphs can be used the same way)

If that doesn't work then I'll go to streamers or grasshopper patterns!

SeaDog1
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: colebrook river... Reply with quote

What i do when i read the water and cant see fish i will use spinning rod with 3" crankbait/stick bait minnow just to see where the fish lay. than i will go out using a nymph usally beaded but for that place i switched to floating line with weighted beaded egg sucking leech. What i seen was pretty cool. i seen a trout eat a leaf and spit it back out cause it lost sight of my fly. Anyways im packing to go upstate ny right now and try to beat the 6 o'clock dirtywater traffic. I was gonna leave earlier but someone came to look at boat and said it was to big for them. Im like i dont think you can find to much small for a cuddy that you can lie down in... Will keep ya posted bout this weekend up there heard the browns are moving up in great #'s. And so are the steelheads. RobO if i catch some browns i'll try to squeeze some eggs out before i release them for your trip up cause i dont know if they sell them up here. i know they sell salmon cured sacks. But they like brown eggs the best. aight CT fella's have a good weekend out here as i hope myself upstate NY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: