CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Congamond, 6/5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldBassTurd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Congamond, 6/5 Reply with quote

First Congamond trip this year....been chasing stripers but my son begged me into getting back to fresh...

Hit the water about 6:45 am, water temp low 70's, air temp 60's, light wind to start.

Started catching right off with a couple small bass and some rock bass coming on wacky-rigged Bass Bones. Moved on as the sun came up to lower Middle Pond and found this guy on a chartreuse spinnerbait....
[

Then moved to South Pond and started finding all our fish under docks/boats. Really liking the wacky orange-flake Senko...here's a couple more.

All in all a great day with a few decent sized bass. Getting ready to head up to Champlain for the LCI Father's Day Derby....better start getting our smallie skills on.....
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Lake Champlain, get a big Mepps Aglia inline spinnerbait with a bucktail and a number 5 blade, a big spoon or any big spinnerbait and run it over some submerged weeds. If the pike don't hit it, the smallies will. Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics of you and your son...good outing and best of luck in the tourney.
OldBassTurd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark! And Peco, the lures you mentioned are sweet...this is my twelfth year fishing the derby and the spoons are our pike trolling weapon just at the edge of the weedline in about 8 feet...spinnerbaits are great for the smallies but without a leader we get bit off regularly. I fish a lot of tubes and shaky-head cut-tail worms for smallies and the occasional big drum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: