CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Congamond Lake?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x182dan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Congamond Lake? Reply with quote

Hey guys I am looking for some info on the congamond lakes? Is it in CT or mass? Worth fishing this place? Haven't been there before and looking for a new spot. Just looking for general info.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it Rolling Eyes , but you should use the search bar above to find reports, Dan. Wink Here's my last one from Congamond Lakes:

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/congamond-lakes-08-09-t10223.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but that is not what I was looking for. I was looking for info on the type of body water there. Meaning rocky, weedy, deeper water, smallow water. Just general ideas of what to expect. I wasn't looking for a report those are easy to find.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess you didn't read the report. Depths, weeds it's there. You just have to read it Laughing
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more used to seeing the name Congamuck Rolling Eyes
x182dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget it you'd guys rather bust balls than help someone out. Lol I don't fish for rock bass anyway!!!!!!!! Is there any actual name for this lake because I've seen the muck listed because but I assume thats just a shorter name for the same place? I cannot find a depth map online for this lake? Any actual big fish in there? I might just head to highland lake.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Google up Massachusetts Wildlife (state gov site) or Massachusetts Ponds and Lakes.

Click on the state area map for the waters your looking for.
Scroll down to find the specific water depth maps your looking for.
There are 2 depth maps for Congamond. Thumbs Up

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's three ponds that make up the Lake. Lower, middle and upper. Upper is the deepest section and lower is the shallowest. I believe upper gets down as deep as about forty ft and middle is as deep as about mid twenties. There's plenty of weeds. The lake is a MA lake even though it is on the CT line. No one is busting your balls. Sometimes that lake is tough but when you find them there are big ones in there.
x182dan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume CT license is acceptable? And I cant use my favorite jig there? Damn Mass!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can fish there with a CT license but MA regs need to be followed. If your jig is lead and 1oz or less it can't be used.
hoppy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

North pond, middle pond and south pond. Middle being the biggest and north being the smallest but deepest. Whats left of the weeds will be dying off quickly. The name "congamuck" comes from the black "snot weed" that covers alot of the lakes bottom. Some of the guys that fish the lake alot and know it well will tell you "if you aint fishing in the muck you aint catching fish".
There is some truth to that. Deadsticking brushogs this time of year is good if you have the patience.
hila2006

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with hoppy, you have to be in the muck to hit em there Dan. The wife and love the place, well she kicks ass there anyways, I do just ok. Cool lake though, pizza place you can dock at etc. Good for a long day on the water. South pond is the weediest, at least when we were there last. Soft plastics and spinnerbaits work well. Good luck. Launch on the Ct side, you won't have to pay a ramp fee.
hoppy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should be feeding pretty good right now and a crankbait or rattletrap of sorts might not be a bad way to find them. nice time of year to be out there. I was out at my moms on middle pond saturday. I was wishing I had brought the boat with me! Dont get discouraged if you dont "kill it".........it can be in my opinion one of the best lakes in the area. probably alittle biased since it was my backyard for the better part of 30 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: