CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Congamond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DV

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Congamond Reply with quote

I met up with Hoppy today at 7am who was kind enough to take me out in his bass boat at Congamond. All I can say is idk how I can ever fish from my canoe again, I think I am forever spoiled. Not only do they sound bad ass but not having to paddle and having a stable fast fishing platform was just plain awesome. I am car guy and like nice exhaust but I really can't get over the sound these boats make Thumbs Up

Fishing was terribly slow going though, I thew mainly a few jigs and various colored plastics. I got 2 hits and got too hookset happy on one of them, Hoppy managed to land a nicely colored lmb. It was with a mate that was a larger fish that followed the hooked bass all the way to the boat. A fish or two still on beds, pretty slow day for everyone else on the lake it looked like too. But like a many places I have fished thus far this year IMO you pretty much need to smack the bass in the head for a bite. The lake looked littered with pontoon boats, not sure If ill go back in the yak as I might get swamped.

But for the first time in a long time I did not mind a skunk, just being a in a real boat made it a good time. Bass boats are sweet and I need one now, any one need a kidney or half my liver?
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Congamond Reply with quote

DV wrote:
I met up with Hoppy today at 7am who was kind enough to take me out in his bass boat at Congamond. All I can say is idk how I can ever fish from my canoe again, I think I am forever spoiled. Not only do they sound bad ass but not having to paddle and having a stable fast fishing platform was just plain awesome. I am car guy and like nice exhaust but I really can't get over the sound these boats make Thumbs Up

Fishing was terribly slow going though, I thew mainly a few jigs and various colored plastics. I got 2 hits and got too hookset happy on one of them, Hoppy managed to land a nicely colored lmb. It was with a mate that was a larger fish that followed the hooked bass all the way to the boat. A fish or two still on beds, pretty slow day for everyone else on the lake it looked like too. But like a many places I have fished thus far this year IMO you pretty much need to smack the bass in the head for a bite. The lake looked littered with pontoon boats, not sure If ill go back in the yak as I might get swamped.

But for the first time in a long time I did not mind a skunk, just being a in a real boat made it a good time. Bass boats are sweet and I need one now, any one need a kidney or half my liver?

I will match your kidney/liver offer. Those boats are pure torture, aren't they?

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: