CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Connecticut RIver 9/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Connecticut RIver 9/11 Reply with quote

Gorgeous day to go out on a boat anywhere. Took the wife for a ride down to Middletown from Wethersfield Cove. Fished for maybe 25 minutes total and got one smallie in the main river down in the no wake zone by the rocky hill ferry in 10 FOW on a series 5 Strike King sexy shad in sexy chrome along the grass on the west side. Caught either a decent sized pickeral or a small pike in Keeney cove on a Lobina Rico popper in albino.

The highlight was spending time on the boat with Trish. She doesn't join me all that often but loves being on the water. We had a ball. Highlight number 2 was an awesome encounter with an eagle. A female bald eagle swooped in ahead of us in Keeney cove. Knew right away it was an eagle or the biggest hawk I had ever seen. I will post some backlit photos in a while. What an awesome bird to see. Wish I had a telephoto lens for my Rebel...and that may be the experience that makes me go buy one. Anyway, she stayed long enough on a perch for Trish to get a couple shots and I'll post them. Great day on the water.

I miss tournament fishing, but I certainly have enjoyed the more relaxed time I've spent on the water since knee surgery made this year a tough year to try to do the extra long hours on the water. Back to the tourneys next year.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it was a gorgeous day...sounds like you had a good time out on the water. I was wondering about that section of the river near the ferry and whether it held any decent fish. I've been down there a few times and fished from the pier with no luck.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Phish! It was an absolutely gorgeous day on the Connecticut River today. I just spent an hour typing a report about my outing with DirtyDawg10 and lost it. Sorry, Dawg, I'll try again later.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job!!!!
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality Time!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: