CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Connecticut River - Bissell Bridge 03/03 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: River Fishing Reply with quote

bass tracker wrote:
Nice post Phil, glad to see you are still catching fish. I'm still waiting for it to warm up a bit. Just a quick question, how long did it take you to motor up to the Farmington / dam area from the launch?
BT

Not long at all, Greg. It's only about two miles from the ramp to the confluence of the Farmington and Connecticut rivers. I went more slowly than I needed, because I didn't realize how deep the water is right now. I can still picture Fishface (aka Tim) walking across the river there in my head.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post deleted.

Last edited by PECo on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Peco,,,,You will eventually learn,,,LOL,,,,ALWAYS WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET IN THE COLDER MONTHS ESPECIALLY ON THE RIVER,,Just think,, if one of you fell in,,bundled up,,,,I got news for you,,,,,,YOU WOULDNT LAST LONG,,,That really upsets me that I see people fishing especially on the river,,bundled up without a life jacket,,,I dont care how good of a swimmer people think they are,,,,your not going to win in the river,, especially with fast moving current
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
Oh Peco,,,,You will eventually learn,,,LOL,,,,ALWAYS WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET IN THE COLDER MONTHS ESPECIALLY ON THE RIVER,,Just think,, if one of you fell in,,bundled up,,,,I got news for you,,,,,,YOU WOULDNT LAST LONG,,,That really upsets me that I see people fishing especially on the river,,bundled up without a life jacket,,,I dont care how good of a swimmer people think they are,,,,your not going to win in the river,, especially with fast moving current

Laughing Thanks for the advice, Jim, but Kira and I were both wearing PFDs. Very Happy It's just hard to see the Tan Cabela's Guardian Series Tournament 3500 inflatable PFD against Kira's Winter camoflage parka. I love my inflatable PFD. I don't even notice that I'm wearing it.

It's one of the rules on my boat, The Other Woman, Too: You MUST wear a PFD AT ALL TIMES.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right,,good,, I didnt see the camo,, its not like my thongs,,LOL,,it sort of shocked me that you wouldnt wear one,,I mean a pfd,,,,I had those years ago when they first came out,,scared the crap out of me when I was fishing in the rain and it exploded,,they fixed that problem,,it used to be a tablet that dissolved then exploded,, anyway,,always wear that thing,,PERIOD,,
Gary p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That boat ramp is in DA HOOD! heard of lots of things stolen from cars to trailers! be careful there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: