CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Site Suggestions, Enhancements, and Troubles Resolved
Viewing Topic: Contact an Admin/Email Notifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Contact an Admin/Email Notifications Reply with quote

I am not sure if its just me, but I don't receive any email notifications through my CTFT Profile settings. In addition, I've been locked out before and tried to send the notification email to reset my password...it said the email was sent and I never received it? I made sure spam is off and all that good stuff. The only reason why I was able to get my password reset is because I had the problem before and emailed Reggie (luckily I had the email address).

In addition to the above problem, if you are not logged in - I don't see an easy way of contacting a moderator directly. I might be missing it, but I checked the FAQ section and many other sections for an email address for help but no help.

So to sum it up the two issues I was having was...

1) No emails coming to me associated with my CTFT Account (notification settings, password resets, etc).
2) No "admin" contact readily available if you are not logged in (maybe I missed it somewhere).

My assumption is that maybe others are having this problem too, I've been meaning to post it in this section but keep forgetting. Any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Has happened to me and others before.
You need to clean out your cookies file..

SeaDog1
SAP284

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did. What affect would cookies have on email though? From what I understand, cookies are related to the internet explorer, safari, or firefox. When I hit resend password it says "a new password has been sent to you", and nothing comes to my email. Also, I have settings on my profile that say "notify me when someone replies to my post" and I never get notifications. I have never gotten a single email from CTFT, not even when I originally signed up in the beginning.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Hmmmmm?

The only other thing that comes to mind is your firewall may be the cause!

SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Site Suggestions, Enhancements, and Troubles Resolved All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: