CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Coventry 5/26
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atkins

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Coventry 5/26 Reply with quote

2 rock bass, one a sebile koolie, one on a dinger wacky jig
1 tiny smallie, on the koolie

Another day of bad wind.
Conventry officially became talladega super speedway for the summer, skiers, jet skis, and people in boats that have no business on a 400 acre lake. Granted it was the first "nice" day in awhile, there is no nice windy days in a canoe.

Im pretty much done with coventry for a while, not a good canoe lake, too wide open, even soft winds have area to build steam. Hard to find structure without a depth finder.

Good note was a local bass club had a tournament and the consensus I got was they didnt fair that much better then I. Rock bass seem to rule the lake.
Hopefully the DEP will publish an updated guide to ponds and lakes within a year or two, the current one is out of date. Rock bass arent even listed as a species.
Fishface

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you were out.

Matt have you been out to Hamburg lately.

Tim
atkins

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not since april, might be down in salmon cove on the weekend if by buddy gets his boat ready
PECo

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Yo, Adrian! Reply with quote

I got 19 rock bass on East Twin Lake this morning, including some monster fatties (for rock bass, at least Very Happy ). They ate everything. I got one on a perch four inch SPRO BBZ-1 Shad swimbait, one on a two and a quarter inch River2Sea Stand'n Yabbie crawfish, one on a wacky six inch green pumpkin/red flake Yamasenko, one on a wacky five inch green pumpkin/red flake Yamasenko, two on a white spinnerbait, and 13 on a silver/rainbow trout Mepps Musky Killer inline spinner with a brown squirrel bucktail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: