CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: CRAPPIE AFTER CRAPPIE!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: CRAPPIE AFTER CRAPPIE!!!! Reply with quote

Sunday I arrived at Mondo Ponds just after 12:45 to find the main pond mostly open.

One spot I saw open was where I got into an insane crappie bite in March 2014, so I decided to cast. First cast with a glass purple sunfire HJ-6 landed me a 10" crappie.

Cast after cast I'd either get a few hits, land a crappie, or set the hook before losing the crappie. Caught over 20 ranging from small 7.5" to a nice 11" 12 ounce fish before the bite shut down, as if I caught all the fish. Most were nicer 10" fish weighing 10 ounces.

From there I went to the smaller pond. Almost half of the pond was open, with the rest being gray and white ice. One spot I caught a 15" cookie cutter with a Helsinki shad HJ-8.

Later I covered more water at the main pond. 1 spot produced a slender pickerel and 2 chunky 10" perch on the HJ-8.

Hit the road just after 5:30.

11" 12 ounce crappie @ Mondo
damion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Mondo Pond Reply with quote

Is there a ending date to fish there?
mikeyinstfd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ending date on mondo. Doesnt even appear in angler guide. Great spots for crappie around there. Tough to fish some days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: