CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Crappie Evening
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Crappie Evening Reply with quote

While I was at Bunnells Pond Wednesday I saw a man catching a few crappie. Seemed like they were hanging out along the edge of a big weedbed.

Lures I played with while into the crappie were glass minnow Husky Jerk HJ-6, yellow perch HJ-6, brook trout X-Rap XR-4, and hot pink XR-6.

Caught a total of 5 crappie with 2 being edible 7" and 8" fish. The 2 HJ-6 and the XR-4 were the lures. Retrieve was stop and go jerking with a few quick 2 to 4 jerks after the pause.

Once the crappie stopped biting I started throwing the silver shad Jointed Shallow Shad Rap JSSR-7. Never got into any largemouths with that.

Just before 8:15pm the park closed.

Wednesday's setup was a 6' Ugly Stik and Thursday's was a 6' Daiwa Triforce. Both rods were rigged with a Penn Fierce 3000 with 8 pound Sufix Pro Mix. Found the loose flexibility of the Ugly Stick to be annoying when casting the heavier lures. The Ugly Stick made me lose 2 fish. The IM-7 material of the Triforce has just enough flexibility for good casting, good hook setting, and good topwater. Lost just 1 fish and landed more with the Daiwa.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Crappie Evening Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Caught a total of 5 crappie with 2 being edible 7" and 8" fish.

You must have a really small appetite, Michael. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Crappie Evening Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Michael wrote:
Caught a total of 5 crappie with 2 being edible 7" and 8" fish.

You must have a really small appetite, Michael. Laughing

You saw how quick I was finished with that burger at Ruby Tuesday's Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: