CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Crow's point cove/white oaks, and Keeney cove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atkins

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Crow's point cove/white oaks, and Keeney cove Reply with quote

Parked at point rd in glastonbury, heading across the river to crow's point cove,
It was low tide when I went in, no way anything other then a canoe or kayak is getting in. The tide was ripping in on my way out, but would not recommend any boat trying to get it.

Nothing in crow's point, feels like a graveyard in there, very little structure, its very deep, without a depth finder its very tough. Only action was a sunny or whiteperch running with my senko for a bit, and a large carp giving me the finger by splashing a few feet away. on my way back into keeney a pair of bass fisherman told me crowpoint is good or bad depending on the tide, not that this is a rule, but ill trust the guy in the $70,000 bass boat, I assume he does a bit of fishing, or I hope, that boat was unreal.

While crossing the river back to keeney a saw a school of shad or stripers go by, no takers.

While pulling up to the point rd causeway a shore fisherman reeled in a bowfin, said it was his third in half an hour, caught on bobber and worm. He said hes seeing them quite frequently now, only one last year. For better or worse those things seem to be here to stay. He also nabbed a nice crappie draping a bit of worm in the culvert. A small child was catching bluegills, small, but one after the other on bobber and worm.

I headed into the the north part of keeney, before the the rt 3 bridge, caught a tiny largemouth to get the skunk out of the boat. and was eaten alive by skeeters. Oh well, slow day, though I got to see and handle by first bowfin, might head back just to catch one. Every trip to the coves remind why I never fish them often, maybe if I had a real boat, just too much effort and so little reward with the canoe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: