CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Crystal lake 7/7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zach0208

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Crystal lake 7/7 Reply with quote

A good day for fishing, so I decided to try some luck at Crystal lake. Launched my kayak around 11pm. The beginning is good. Got a 14" when trolling toward another side of the lake--a hard fighter.

Later I found a good spot near the shore and could get many bass there. But they are all very small 8-10 inches. I don't know why I always find structures with small bass. Is that because I stay too close to the shore and big ones are usually in deep water during the day? I tried spinner and senko later on the same spot, no results Crying or Very sad

Later I got another 15", which is the longest I've caught. Cool

The lake seems to shut down soon after many skiis and boats entered. I had my lunch on the lake and fish on until around 7, but got nothing. I think I could get some more if I stayed later, but I was really tired after paddling around the lake twice..

The lake is deep so I tried that three way trolling for the first time, hoping to get a trout or some other deep water fish. I trolled a while and got hit. I thought it was a trout but it turned out to be a BIG bluegill. The biggest Ive ever seen. I think big bluegills also live at the bottom. Evil or Very Mad But later my rig got tangled and I had to cut the leaders to clean it up...Again, good start but not good ending Mad

Anyway, this is fishing, you try and learn from failures..

Zach0208

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still a little confused. I guess the one in the first picture is a SMB, and the second is a LMB. Am I right? Question
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap, you're right. Wink And lemme guess, the little smallie fought harder and longer than the bigger largemouth. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Yeap, you're right. Wink And lemme guess, the little smallie fought harder and longer than the bigger largemouth. Very Happy

The difference is HUGE!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: