CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Crystal Lake (ellington)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSM07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Crystal Lake (ellington) Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has fished Crystal Lake lately, haven't been since late May and I'm going back tomorrow if plans stay the same. Also anyone know if they have had any of the plant and weed problems like they had last year?
DV

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went in june, they removed alot of milfoil. I didn't find much for weedbeds either, most of the fish I caught came from about 15fow off the main point.
Aj1986

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went there a couple times last month and between 4 of us we caught almost 80 trout. Found a nice little drop off and fished in about 30FOW. we were fishing at night with a light under the boat. Was some of the best fishing iv ever done. Drop the bait to the bottom, real up twice and bam, fish on. and it was like that for 4 hours. With the light under the boat we had a big bait ball under us and trout were swiming threw them and some were even running into the side of the boat.

I dont know how to upload pics but this is a link to the pics of the fish finder of that night on crystal, and it was like this the whole time. http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss360/Idkmyname86/Fishing/ if it doesnt work sorry
MSM07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude thats sick' yeah we are currently trying to get the running lights on my friends boat, he just has a little plastic thing, we are broke, but once we do that i definitely will try that, does the dep give you any trouble when you go out at night, because i know during the day they can be quite a pain in the butt.
Aj1986

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both the times we went out we were the only boats out there. We would get out there for around 1030-11 and fish till we got bored of catching all the fish, usually only stayed out for 4 or so hours. The only other boat weve seen were some drunk teens riding around yelling random stuff at us, but they didnt come out untill after midnight..
MSM07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man that is still awesome, wnet out there last night and just fished from the side of the boat launch, between me and my friend we got a few bass and some rock bass. Not the greatest, but for now thats the way I got to do things at night. And its beautiful out there at night, last night there was only two boats out there, one didnt look like they were doing much fishing and the other just stayed in one spot down the left shoreline. But if you dont mind me asking what bait you use? just nightcrawlers and meal worms?
Aj1986

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the late post, but yea we use either crawlers or corn, depending on if we go to the bait shop before hand. My buddy hooked into either a really big trout or salmon one night using corn, fought it for 5+ min before it snapped his line. Thats the only problem using light tackle.
MSM07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thats great though, at least you know you hooked into something good. But thats the only way to fish for trout is on light tackle and hopefully with the amount of fish you are hooking into you should hook into another good one in no time. Good luck and thanks for the posts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: