CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Crystal Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aj1986

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Crystal Lake Reply with quote

Went out yesterday morning to crystal with a couple buddies, got on the water right around 6am and started trolling spoons, mooselook wabblers and small rapalas. Trolled around for about an hour and a half and caught 5 or so trout, both rainbows and browns and missed or lost probably the same or more. After the trolling bite died down we drifted around with some powerbait and caught another 10 or so, mostly browns and some pretty decent ones, largest was probably around 16in and fat. all fish were released. wind picked up around 930-10 and made getting good drifts almost impossible so we got off the water. Wasnt the most productive day iv ever had on crystal but it was still nice to get out and catch some fish.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Just curious. . . . Reply with quote

Which Crystal Lake?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peco, probably the one up in Ellington, or there abouts. The one on Middletown doensn't have trout nor can it support them.

I grew up fishing the one in Middletown for bass and definetly reccomend trying it out. They have a gate that gets open around 8am and since the state redid the launch, you don't have to be a Middletown resident to drop a boat, canoe or kayak in. PM me if you decide to go and I'll set you up with some spots.
dwall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Crystal Lake Ellington question Reply with quote

I've only been to Crystal Lake in Ellington once and had a few trout the first time there.

I want to go again but the downside about Crystal Lake is that there's only space at the launch parking lot for about 7 trailers..and maybe a few more along the side. I saw "no parking" signs on the road.

Does anyone know of other places to park if the launch parking lot is full?

I don't mind if it requires a little walking.
SAP284

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im heading over there today. I hope I can find a spot to park..
Scott M

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ice fishing spot....it's kind of a pain with all the skiers and tubers going around in circles this time of year. They ussually put like 500 Salmon in there before the winter...not wishing away the summer but perch thru the ice sounds preeeeeeeeeeeetttty tasty right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: