CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: CT Boating course
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: CT Boating course Reply with quote

Hey guys,

A topic was brought up about boating course here in CT in another post. I thought I would share the information I found in a new topic.

A couple of members here might be interested in getting their CT Boating and Personal Watercraft Certificate.

It seems that Cabela's in East Hartford offers the course on numerous days over the next couple of months
The course is 8 hours and runs from 10am till 6pm.

example from web site :

CT Boating & PWC Class, June 13, 2010, 10AM-6PM in E. Hartford, CT
Code: HartfordBoatingPWC
Price: $60.00

You can check out the website at :
http://www.safeboatingconnecticut.com/

This is just an FYI for anyone interested in getting their license, like myself.

Seadog1... I do not disagree with you. A one day course may not be enough instruction time for knuckle heads like me or even experienced boaters... However, I plan on getting a small boat that will be driven in lakes and rivers and probably never see the open water. I will be a weekend boater would will be lucky if I get to see 20 hours a year out there. I would like to think I am a cautious, considerate individual who will take this very serious.

I hope to make you proud some day Smile

Rob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ive been meaning to get one. do u know if your allowed to get one if your driving license is suspended?
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can still get one if you CDL is suspended. Technically a car is not a motorvechile. But hmm, what did you do to get suspended if you dont mind me asking? or can i just look at your avatar picture to figure that out Razz
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cthonkerheaven wrote:
I think you can still get one if you CDL is suspended. Technically a car is not a motorvechile. But hmm, what did you do to get suspended if you dont mind me asking? or can i just look at your avatar picture to figure that out Razz

WHAT Honker Question

A car is technically not a motor vehicle Question
Geeee Exclamation Then why do they call DMV -> "Department of Motor Vehicles" Question Rolling Eyes

And as for your idea on "Snakeheads!"
Great swamp running yankee idea!, Light Bulbs ON! -> BUT, now you need to pull it out of your B_tt Exclamation -> LOL Very Happy

Oh! colburn
As for getting a Boater's Certificate while having a suspended CDL -> Call DMV -> They'll have the answer!

Personally, I feel that if the CDL is suspended because of DWI then I wouldn't give anyone a Boater's Certificate with that on their record Exclamation

In fact it is against the law to drink and operate a boat which is classified as a moving vehicle

SeaDog1
Phish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFLMA

Thanks for the smile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: