CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Ct Riva Sunday
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tmac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Ct Riva Sunday Reply with quote

launched out of Haddam meadows at 6am,headed south to find my main river weedbeds but we made a stop in the salmon cove caught a few shorts on the way in but nothing way back, water was 83 degrees so we decided all the action would be on the main river which was 81 degrees not a big diff but we caught alot of fish there, best 5 went just over 12ibs off the water by 1pm morning was beautiful cool breezy then at 9 it started to heat up,all fish were caught on jigs in the 7ft range,or edge of the thickest weeds,there was a tourny out of both launches so the salmon was a zoo as was the line waiting for the tide to change at chapmans,I hate chapmans never do good in there,also the water was pouring in there fast real fast it had rapids all threw the snags,be careful those branches love to pull rods in the water Shocked
Nickp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how chapmans never got shit for attention a year ago. One tourney is won back there and its a zoo. It is the best panfishing in the world come late fall though.
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapmans has always gotten plenty of attention.....it is just now that you like it it seems everyone else is there. Kind of like when you buy a certain type of car,all of a sudden you start noticing them everywhere.
ps i never liked chapmans myself so seldom fish there...
ME_fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha, I love fishing Chapman's for bass, but only if I'm targetting pike. Seems like if I go in there bass fishing I don't catch anything, and if I go in to catch pike I catch bass.

I've only been a handful of times though. Come to think of it, I haven't fished the river at all this year. I will have to venture over that way soon.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy fishing for bass in Chapman.

My son loves fishing for Carp in there, there are some monster carp in the weed beds.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, as Johnny said Chapmans has always had plenty of attention. It has nothing to do with you mentioning that you caught fish in there, or that a tourney was won in there. Plenty of guys have been fishing in there for decades and decades!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: ct river Reply with quote

sounds like a good time .ihave atourn in 2 weeks leaving haddammeadows never fished the river before any suggestions of where to fish and what use .please i need help.thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: