CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River 10/8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avidangler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: CT River 10/8 Reply with quote

Went to the CT River this morning for a few hours with site member pmoneyct AKA (Pat). We got to the river around 8 and started drifting down river while working the Western shore.He threw a square bill maroon back/gold sided rapala crank while i started off with a size 10 rapala slash bait in hot steel color then switched to a gold shiner slash bait 10 after he caught this smallie right by the boat while fooling around with the trolling motor pedal.

We worked our way down and he landed another smallie about 11 inches.......then a yellow perch about 9 inches.I had 1 smallie about 10 inches that i lost when it jumped and spit my lure and 1 hit by a larger one that i only saw when it rolled over. We worked our way back up on the other side and worked a marina without any action.We then shot farther up river and started drifting back down on the Eastern shore.We marked fish at 8-18 feet in 20 feet of water.While he worked the shore i switched to a silver buddy and tried jigging for the deep fish but,had only a tiny large mouth spit the thing when it jumped as well.We tried the above mentioned lures...spinner,baits and a rapala BX minnow (firetiger) but,no more luck. Got back to the launch a little after 12. No pike that we went there for.The water was pretty clean minus the leaves floating and suspended in the water column.Water temp was about 63-64 and was a little breezy.

Thanks for taking me out Pat!I had fun in a new place despite the lack of fish for me.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
pmoneyct

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anytime...sorry my guide skills aint any better.The company was good thanks for coming.(my buddy chuck got scunked also in the back of my boat) i must suck as a skipper lol

family,fishing.and a good dog. "Thats all i need"
pmoneyct

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anytime...sorry my guide skills aint any better.The company was good thanks for coming.(my buddy chuck got scunked also in the back of my boat) i must suck as a skipper lol

family,fishing.and a good dog. "Thats all i need"
avidangler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the hat!!!!!!i forgot 1 of my 2 lucky hats!Grrrrrrr.

But,things got better when i came home and looked at my latest edition of fisherman magazine.I turn to page 22 and WHAM!......There i am with my Winchester bucketmouth. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: