CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River - 5/24
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flipper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: CT River - 5/24 Reply with quote

Launched at Bissel Bridge Friday about 4pm. Made multiple drifts all the way down to the bridges in Hartford. Found good deep water w/ structure and marked a lot of fish. Judging by our catch I think they might have been cats. Another boater was anchored and catching plenty of them. All we got was 1 keeper (30") just before the tressel and a shorty. It must have been high tide when we launched because the water was high and slow. On our return at about 11pm the water was fast and shallow and we actually grounded out on a sand bar that was not there on the way down. We used mostly eels, some sand worms and cut bait (herring), but with almost no action. Think I'm done Striper fishing for the year. I honestly think that they are not coming in numbers or size this far up river, as in previous years. Time to switch over to Pike and Carp for the summer. I find that as I get older, I focus more on big fish, so these are the target species for me.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: CT River - 5/24 Reply with quote

They are in there and you are right just not in numbers. The water was really low this year except for the flood. and for some reason i think the water warmed up way to fast this year... all of my action was at the lower end and most of what i heard was lower also. Not saying there isnt any going up cause i know alot of guys catching the hering and using it for bait and hitting them big but i wont do that. best of luck man go to the mouth for the #'s.... Striper season really didnt even start yet as far as im concerned. still got alot of hot spots when the sand eels and bait fish come in than can fish the reefs.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: