CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River 5/6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: CT River 5/6 Reply with quote

Not going to burn my spots anymore since there are too many peeping toms on here from other sites,..but suffice it to say that I was in the central section of the river. Got it this afternoon and was finally equipped to take a pic (really a pain to take a self photo in a bouncing yak BTW!!!). Had one other around 20" but I lost it at the boat while trying to get it with my boga. Nice day to be out but my legs are definitely burning from fighting the wind & current all afternoon! This one was 28",...both fish came on a white X-rap (hard jerkbait) and it was the only artificial that they seemed to have any interest in!

Stratos17

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job Mark!
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STRIPAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DV

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh thats the only color I do not have in a size bigger than the XRS-8!! Would it be okay to ask which size that came on? I haven't been able to locate anything bigger than 22-26"s. And the wind was terrible today I left the canoe at home, your nuts.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DV wrote:
Ahh thats the only color I do not have in a size bigger than the XRS-8!! Would it be okay to ask which size that came on? I haven't been able to locate anything bigger than 22-26"s. And the wind was terrible today I left the canoe at home, your nuts.

I'm not sure what the size-code is,..but these are the large sized ones for freshwater bass, about 5" long. Normally I throw much larger baits than that however,....large pencil-poppers and 9" houdini's are my favorites!
Also,..it's not the only color I ever throw,..but white is definitely the first color I'm going to try with just about any striper lure! Wink
Fishface

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job from the Kayak.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking fish!! I need to get me a river striper this year.
anointed130

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a nice fish, i have only caught a schoolie striper in enfield about 4 years ago, can you catch nice stipers from on shore?

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell ya, you during the summer i catch 20-30 keeper stripers off shore and i only go out 10-15 times, try to get out once a week and hit it right. There are alot of nice spots to do some shore casting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: