CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Ct river Ct Outdoors tournament 7/19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Ct river Ct Outdoors tournament 7/19 Reply with quote

Fished the ct outdoors tournament on the river today with Mark (just for fun).
19-20 boats showed up for a 6am start. We practicced mid week and slammed a nice bag with numerous fish in the 2 3/4 -4 pound range. However mothernautre had other plans for us today. the tides did not cooperate in that they were running two feet lower this morning tham they were on wednesday..the big fish were nowhere to be found. We stuck to our gameplan with one exceptionthat paid off big time producing three of our five fish limit. Water temps were running 75-81 degress with a light winds out of the south. We managed to culll out one fish and had missed a few opportunities during the day,although i suspect some missed fish were of the toothy variety and others where cookie cutter fish they would not hapled our cause. Mark,sorry about the lost rod...johnnies driving strikes again!
We managed to place third and cash a check even! I belive there where only 3 limits produce this day,with us have one of them). SO allin all even though our weight was rather pathetic (only 6.62 pounds) with the river fishing very tough this year it was nice to have one of the few limits. For anyone looking to fish a well run event with good competition,ct outdoors is the one.
Johnnie
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Johnny & Mark, way to get a limit with tough conditions.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a check is always a good thing,good job guys
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job johnny and mark. Come on Johnny, give us some more details on the lost rod Laughing

Justin
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes....PLEASE!!...more details about the "lost rod".....!!!!
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah..... Nice Job Johnny and Mark! Although, I did expect a 15 pound bag from you!
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what i hear not too many big or average bags this year from the river,just happy to get five!
Ok,we left salmon river with 145 mins left and headed north,well as some of you know johnny has two speeds,neutral and full throttle. So as we proceede north we ran into boat traffic and many large wakes.....well mark forgot to strap his rods down and one flew out of the boat...i felt really bad about it..but as mark said..he learned his lesson that from that point on he would strap the rods down...by the way it was a fun ride and we blasted some nice boat wakes along the way! Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Shocked Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: