CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT RIVER- Hamburg Cove 8/1/09
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: CT RIVER- Hamburg Cove 8/1/09 Reply with quote

Did a little fishing with a buddy of mine on his 13 ft Fisher bass boat. (what a treat...i never get to fish on a bass boat!). launched into the river at baldwin bridge launch and headed up to hamburg cove. started fishing at about noon. didnt take long before my buddy caught a nice 3.5 lber at the mouth of the cove in some lillypads using a black buzz bait. the fish hit it with some force!

we moved on into a shadier area across the cove where he hooked into a little 1 lb jobber. again on the buzz bait.

I had been throwing out a chartruse/white spinner bait with no luck, so i took a page from my buddy's book and started throwing out a black buzz bait over the lillies. Ended up hooking into a 2 lber.

The air started to get really hot around 3pm and we kept trying different areas of the cove with no luck. All our fish came out of the lillies on black buzz baits in about 2-4 ft of water and earlier in the trip (first hour). Ended up back at the launch around 5:00 (didn't get out of the launch til 40mins later!)

All in all a nice day of fishing...besides the fish I also caught quite a bit of sun...guess 90 degree days will do that to a pasty white boy.

Hope to hit Silver lake with my same buddy either Mon/Tuesday evening...will report if we go.

*told my buddy about the site...trying to recruit him as a member*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIce report. Sounds like a hot but good day. Hope to see your buddy join up!
Esox CT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try launching from Essex Docks. Not sure what the rules are with a trailer there, but you won't have to deal with the masses of Saybrook summer scum and pleasure boaters. Hamburg is a great place to fish...
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job man! That sounds like a great day on the River! Looking forward to meeting your friend as well!
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox thanks for the tip on the essex launch...we'll check that out the next time we head out on the river. We were talking about hitting Silver lake sometime this week and now the plans are set...we're going Monday evening-early night onto Silver again on his boat. Hope the bass are hitting. Will report once back.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job at the cove. Good luck at Silver, be ready the the grass and the weeds!
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soinds like a good trip. Avoided the skuck...

JIm, We need to plan a day in Hamburg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: